Scientific Council of Experts UABE
PhD in agricultural sciences,
Head of Department Department of Landscape Architecture, Landscape Gardening and Urban Ecology, Institute of Forestry and Landscape Economy, University National Forestry University of Ukraine
– 1990-1993 – postgraduate study at the Department of Ecology and Landscape Architecture
Ukrainian National Forestry University.
– 1983-1990 – Faculty of Forestry, Lviv Forestry Institute, qualification – forestry engineer (PB №829056);
– 2014 – Doctor of Agricultural Sciences (ДД №003608).
– 1994 – Candidate of Agricultural Sciences (КН №005477);
– 2003 – Associate Professor of the Department of Ecology and Landscape Architecture (ДЦ №008638)
– 2015-Present – Head of the Department of Landscape Architecture, Landscape Gardening, and Urban Ecology at Ukrainian National Forestry University.
– 2015 – Professor of the Department of Landscape Architecture, Landscape Gardening, and Urban Ecology at Ukrainian National Forestry University.
– 2004-2014 – Associate Professor of the Department of Landscape Architecture, Landscape Gardening, and Urban Ecology at Ukrainian National Forestry University.
– 1998-2004 – Associate Professor of the Department of Ecology and Landscape Architecture at Ukrainian National Forestry University.
– 1995-1998 – Senior Lecturer in the Department of Ecology and Landscape Architecture at Ukrainian National Forestry University.
– 1994-1995 – Assistant of the Department of Ecology and Landscape Architecture at Ukrainian National Forestry University.
Awarded with a Certificate of Honor from the Ministry of Education of Ukraine for diligent work with gifted student youth (Order No. 678, October 12, 2001)
– Institute of General Ecology and Environmental Protection at Dresden Technical University, Germany (July 2000, August 2002, January 2004, April 2005);
– Wroclaw Proecology Center, Poland (June 2003).
Areas of research and methodological work:
– phytomelioration and recultivation of disturbed territories;
– transformation processes in the forest ecosystems of the Carpathian region;
– environmental problems of urban areas;
– environmental education;
– sustainable development of self-governing territories.
Author of more than 180 publications (articles, conference materials, methodologies, scientific publications, educational textbooks)
Co-author of scientific publications:
– Problems of access of local people to forest resources and illegal logging in forests
Carpathians and Western Polesie: monograph. – Lviv: Green Cross, Liga- Press. -2011. -256 p.
– Nature Reserve Fund of Ukraine: economic modeling and forecasting activities: monograph. –
Lviv: Green Cross, Liga-Press. – 2011. – 304 p.
– Carpathian Forestry Advisor: Scientific Edition. – Ivano-Frankivsk: Foliant, 2008. – 368 p.
Co-author of the educational textbooks:
– Fundamentals of ecology and socioecology. – Lviv: For Free Ukraine, 1997. – 210 p.
– Recultivation and phytomelioration. – Lviv: GAFSA, 2006. – 116 p.
– Close to nature and multifunctional forestry in the Carpathian region of Ukraine and Slovakia.
– Uzhgorod: Kolo PE, 2014. – 278 p.
– Management of a professional educational institution on the principles of sustainable development. –Ivano-Frankivsk: Lily-NV, 2014. – 224 p.
– Recultivation. – Lviv: – Lviv: Scientific-Production Company “ATB”, 2019. – 288 p.
Publications on strategic development of territories:
– Strategic plans for sustainable development of self-governing territories: a methodological advisor. – Lviv: Green Cross, 2003. – 38 p.
– Gorodok. Sustainable city development strategy. – Lviv: Exitep, 2004. – 152 p.
– Yavoriv. Sustainable city development strategy. – Lviv: Exitep, 2004. – 112 p.
– European experience in building dialogue between the public and local authorities: manual. – Lugansk: Polyprint, 2007. – 163 p.
– Strategic Planning for Sustainable Development with Community Participation: A Practical Guide. – Exactly: Printing House, 2004. – 124 p.
– Pystomyty. Sustainable development strategy of the district. – Lviv: Typewriters, 2010. – 152 p.
Participant in international projects (major one):
– Environmental Issues of Cultural and Historical Centers of Eastern Europe the Renaissance Foundation);
– Main causes of deforestation and forest degradation (United Nations Environment Program);
– Transformation Processes in the Dnister River Region (German Federal Ministry of Education and Science);
– Develop and evaluate local sustainable development strategies in Poland, Lithuania, and Ukraine (United Nations Development Program);
– ENPI FLEG Program “Improvement of Law Enforcement and Management Systems in the forestry sector of the Eastern European Neighborhood Policy and Russia ”(European Commission and World Bank).
– Deputy Director of the NGO “European Dialogue”;
– Member of the Board of the Green Cross Society;
– Deputy Head of the Lviv Branch of the National Ecological Center of Ukraine.